- Ion output at 2.5 cm: 9,600,000,000,000 (9.6 trillion) ions per second. That’s the amount of ions that can be continuously produced by the ioniser. This figure is provided mainly for comparison. Most important is ion density (see below).
- Ion density: As the negative ions diffuse into the air, they spread outwards in all directions. The following test results were obtained by Surrey University (UK) in their specialist environmental laboratory.
| 0.5 metres
|8.0 metres||1000 ions/cc|
- Effective range : 8 metres in all directions from the ioniser. Our body starts to respond to negative ions when their concentration raises above 1000 ions/cc. This standard measurement is used to determine the effective range of an ioniser.
- Ozone free: Ozone emissions were found to be “undetectable”. Ozone is an irritant and best avoided by anyone with breathing difficulties. More about ozone.
- Power consumption: Astrid ionisers use less than 1/4 watt of electricity. That’s around 1 year’s continuous use for just 2 units (2kWh) of electricity.
- Needles: Our ionisers use non-replaceable needles made from a combination of metals, ensuring a high output and long life. The needles are accurately aligned in our workshops for the highest efficiency. Our models do not produce corrosive ozone that erodes the needle tips so they last the lifetime of the ionisers.
- Environmentally friendly: No filters to change and discard.
- Silent: Astrid ionisers have no fan and no moving parts. Negative ions are dispersed as an “ion breeze” which ensures they are silent and draught free.
- Reliable: Astrid ionisers are built with the highest quality components. They are “solid state” with no moving parts and throughout many years of testing have proven themselves to be extremely reliable.